January 24, 2012

As good as it gets


Last year.. well, not last year, 2010, so the year before last year. I met a beautiful girl and we went together to some small islands on the phillipines.

So one day while thinking about life while watching the sunset on the beach, a thought struck me and brought me back to earth. It was happiness I think.

I was in this paradisaical island with this gorgeous girl that was crazy about me, and I felt free. So I though.. this is as good as it gets.

The thought didn't come to me because of the island, nor because of the girl or the freedom, not even a combination of the 3 of them. It was a result of the way of life I had been leading for the last 3 years before that.

Those long years I had been searching for something, not really searching, waiting would be the right word. I was waiting for the lifestyle, the mindset.

This is it, It's not gonna get any better than this, i said to myself, so there's no reason to keep searching anymore.. this is where i stay.

Of course i didn't stay in the Philippines, but i stayed in that state of mind. that feeling, that sensation that I don't need anything else.

And i discovered that was how I wanted to live my life, on an island, with a cute girl and freedom of mind. Which was the equivalent of a trouble free mind, the calm after the storm, nothing to worry about.

Same freedom of mind that goku had after the final battle.





Actually, same peace of mind Goku always had.

Goku was the most altruistic person I've ever met. How is it possible to admire so much someone who's not even real?

For me Goku was the only one who had it everything figured out. And the one I can learn from.


No comments:

Post a Comment