June 8, 2012

About Apolo

I just got an audio file from my friend Apolo, from Rosario, that we recorded in 2004/5 (I think).


On it, we were going into some stores and asking if they had boomerangs and if they would come back when we throw them, then asking if we could try them out in the store, or going to a clothes shop and ask if we could try some women's dress or silly things like that.


During the last years of highschool I was always trolling and making silly jokes, but my classmates didn't enjoy it as much as I did and most of them started ignoring me.


I will always remember something my best friend Daniel said once, he said " Bruno, you are always joking, you don't take anything seriously, i can't talk about anything with you anymore."


Daniel was like a brother to me, so It hurt me he felt like that, i always thought everyone around me enjoyed my cynicism, sarcasm and black humor, that's what gave personality, but apparently they didn't, so I thought, maybe I should stop making fun of everything and start taking life more seriously.


But then Apolo came, he was the ultimate troll, a guy with no sense of responsibility whatsoever, so when we got together we couldn't stop laughing and making jokes, later the jokes became pranks and before we noticed it we had lost most of our friends.


Sometimes we would try on women's clothes just for fun and when we met some macho alpha male kind of boys we would pretend we were gay just to piss them off.


Then I left Argentina and never met him again, but I still remember all the laughs we had together, before we became adults.


Humor was that one thing keeping us afloat, because our lives were pretty messed up themselves.


Now I became much more serious, but sometimes I wish I were still that boy who didn't care what anyone would think and would just make fun of everything.


Things were more fun back then, we believed in ghosts, we sang every day, we stayed up all night, we had a band, we met new friends on the street, we didn't need to worry about working or studying or paying rent, this were quite fun in argentina actually, and we could just make fun of everything, it was great! 







 

 
 














No comments:

Post a Comment