June 21, 2012

About food


Girl: So.. what's your favorite food?

Bruno: I like cheap food.

Girl: Haha, why is that?

Bruno: Because it tastes like freedom.

Girl: What do you mean?

Bruno: It tastes good, it tastes like freedom.

Girl: And how does freedom tastes like?

Bruno: I'll explain, if food is cheap that means I can buy or get more of it, we transform the food into energy, so cheap food means means I get more energy, which means I get to stay alive a bit longer and can maybe use that energy to do something I like. If the food is pricey I will get less of it, less energy means less time to live.

Girl: Like that movie "In time".

Bruno: Exactly, except that instead of buying time we need to buy food. Therefore, free food = free energy = free time.

Girl: Makes sense, but cheap food doesn't taste as good as the pricey one.

Bruno: Why not?

Girl: Because it's cheap.

Bruno: How can the price influence the taste?

Girl: I don't know maybe they use more ingredients or something.

Bruno: Maybe it's the same food, and the only difference is the price.

Girl: So why does it taste better for me?

Bruno: For the same reason the cheap food tastes better for me.

Girl: Because of what it represents for us.

Bruno: Exactly.

Girl: So for you, cheap food represents freedom, for me expensive food represents that I am now somehow financially successful in life and can afford things I couldn't before.

Bruno: Exactly, so actually, for you it represents freedom as well, because now you are free to choose whatever you want to eat, without having to worry about the price.

Girl: Funny.

Bruno: So actually, you and me are more similar then we think.

Girl: We have to learn to appreciate those similarities and learn from our differences.

Bruno: Well said, I'll think of that from now on.

Girl: Me too.

Bruno: I'm still in the friendzone, right?

Girl: Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment