February 11, 2016

Excuses


List of excuse people use:


For smoking and giving second hand smoke to non-smokers:

- All my friends smoke
- I've been smoking since I was xxx years
- It's my only pleasure in life / It's my only vice
- I may stop in the future but right now I need it
- It helps me relax
- Chinese government needs my tax money
- It's just a bad habit
- It's my life, I do what I want



To stay in a destructive or abusive relationship:

- I am hoping he will change in the future
- He's just having a bad day
- We've been through so much together
- I still love him
- He's good to the children
- I don't want to be alone



To not going traveling or doing what you really want to do:

- I'm too young / too old
- I don't have enough money
- I wont be able to find a job in other country
- I can't speak their language
- It's too cold / hot there
- I will miss my family / my family will miss me
- People will think I am not a productive member of society


To eat or cause some harm to the animals:

- They taste so good
- I need protein
- They are just animals
- I have been eating meat all my life
- We are omnivores, look at our teeth
- It's the way society works


To do terrible things, such as politicians, police, soldiers, business people or corporations causing harm or inconvenience to people or the environment.

- That's the way the world works
- That's human nature
- I like the taste of fresh blood
- I'm just doing what I'm told
- That's how our economy works






 

No comments:

Post a Comment